This statement explains the privacy and data protection practices which apply to Campsites.co.uk. We understand and respect the importance of safeguarding your data and, while collecting personal information is necessary to satisfy the expectations and requirements of our visitors, we fully appreciate that your information must be handled respectfully.
This policy explains what information we collect, what we do with it, and the protections you have.
We only collect personal data from you by specifically asking for it:
· When you submit an enquiry to or make a booking for our shepherd's hut
· When you submit a review
· When you register to receive our email newsletter(s), or take part in one of our surveys or competition
· When you otherwise contact us via the website or email
The information we collect
We limit the personal information collected to that reasonably required to satisfy your expectations and fulfil our obligations to you or any accommodation providers. This information may include:
· Your name and contact details, including telephone number, email and postal address
· Specific information relating to your booking, (eg. dietary requirements, interests etc.)
· Your IP address
· Records of any correspondence
How we use the information we collect
We will only use your personal information to satisfy your expectations and fulfil our obligations to you or accommodation providers as follows:
· To pass on the information required by our accommodation providers to secure and fulfil your booking
· To send you confirmation of your enquiry or booking, follow it up, or ask for feedback
· To send you our email newsletter if you have registered for it, until you unsubscribe
· To respond to any queries you have raised
· For any communication deemed a legitimate purpose, such as notifying you of changes to our service or in order to carry out our obligations to you
· To assist with fraud prevention
Data security and retention
We are committed to protecting your privacy and follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed, or disclosed to a third party without your permission, as well as to prevent unauthorised access. The computers that store the information are kept in a secure facility with restricted physical access, and we use hardware firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access.
Your personal information will be stored for no longer than is reasonably required for record keeping, complying with legal obligations and resolving disputes. Any information which we have identified as sensitive will be encrypted prior to storage.
None of the information that we collect will be disclosed to any third party, other than when contacting a specific campsite on your behalf, to data processors acting on our behalf, or if we are required to do so by law.
We will never share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your express consent.
Links to external websites
Any personal information submitted via our website must be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and you are entitled to withdraw your content for data processing at any time. If you have any concerns or would like to request a copy of the data we store about you, request amendments, or request that we delete your information, you may contact us via our contact us page.
To find out more about your entitlements under this legislation, visit the Information Commissioner's web site at ico.org.uk, or read the Act online at www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/contents/enacted.